NDEGE CHAI SACCO SOCIETY LTD is a fast growing financial institution. Ndege Chai Sacco Society Ltd (“SACCO”) was established and registered in 1978.It was licensed in 2011 as a deposit taking society. The SACCO is operating under an open membership bond of association, covering members of the public and the corporate business community, so long as they meet the requirements as set out in the By-Laws of the SACCO.The SACCO is licensed and regulated by SASRA (Sacco Societies Regulatory Authority). Our SACCO is among the first deposit taking SACCOs to have been licensed by SASRA in 2011, and every year since then our license has been renewed. This gives us confidence as a good corporate citizen.
The SACCO is operating under an open membership bond of association, covering members of the public, corporate members, business community, and out-growers as long as they meet the membership requirements as set out in the SACCO By-laws.Membership is drawn from employees of Finlays countrywide: Kericho, Nairobi, Mombasa and Lemotit farm-Londiani ; flower/horticultural firms in Naivasha; Isinya Roses (Kitengela, Molo) employees; Local Tea Factories; Private Security firms; NGO's; County Government Staff; Civil Servants; Schools; Hospitals; Recreational clubs and churches in Kericho and beyond; the Business community; and spouses of members; farmers and out growers. We also have members who are employees of other tea companies i.e. Sotik Tea, Sotik Highlands,Kapchorua Tea;Tinderet and Changoi. Currently, we have over 40,000 active members.
Vision: Transformation for Prosperity.
Mission: To facilitate the mobilization of savings and provision of cost effective financial and non-financial products and services to our members/customers in Kenya and beyond.
Slogan: "Prospering Together"
Our Core Values
- Integrity and honesty:As Ndege Chai Sacco we always operate ethically, act with professionalism and honesty, treat people with respect, fairness and dignity, and being open and transparent in decision making.
- Creativity and Innovation:As Ndege Chai Sacco, we promote an innovative culture and attitude. We think differently to make a difference and strive to apply innovative thinking and creativity to everything we do. Creativity and Innovation is a key driver for our growth. We remain open to new ideas; look for ways to improve processes and seek creative solutions for our customers.
- Excellence and Quality:As Ndege Chai Sacco, we value excellence in service provision, leadership, people development, managing long term relationship. Our strategies shall aim at continual improvements in our systems, products and services diversification, reliability, accessibility and affordability
The Sacco has two types of activities: Back Office Service Activities (BOSA) which is a savings and loan facility and Front Office Service Activities (FOSA) in which members and clients access their banking services.
The Sacco has a strong corporate governance culture as evidenced by its participation in and recognition by the Institute of Certified Secretaries' (ICS)Champions of Governance(CoG) Award.The Award aims at recognizing the practice and application of good governance in public and private sector entities; recognizing innovations in organizations that support good governance; and encouraging organizations to focus on enhancement of governance. Consequently, the Sacco had been feted in 2017 and in 2018 in the following CoG Award categories:
- In 2017-1st Runners-Up, CoG CEO of the Year Award
- In 2018-Winner, CoG Chairman of the Year Award
- In 2018-1st Runners-Up, CoG Cooperative Sector Award
- In 2018-2nd Runners-Up,CoG CEO of the Year Award.
Ushirika Day(International Cooperatives' Day) Awards
Over the years, the Sacco has continued to perform very well and continues to receive several accolades including during the Ushirika Day celebrations. During the 2018 Kericho County Ushirika Day celebrations, the Sacco was feted with the following awards:
- Position 1 in Capitalization(Core Capital)
- Position 1 in Wide Coverage/Geographical reach
- Position 1 in Gender Balancing at the Board Level
- Position 1 in Education and Training to Staff, Members and the Board
- Position 2 in Loan Deposit Ratio
- Position 2 in Most Innovative Products
- Position 2 in Best Insured/Risk Management
- Position 3 in Expenditure Income Ratio
- Position 3 in Champions of Governance
- Position 3 in Date of ADM/AGM
- Position 3 in Low Committee Expenditure to Budget Ratio
- In the 2017 Kericho District Ushirika Day celebrations, the Sacco scooped the following awards:
- Best in Education and Training to members, staff and Board;
- Best in Gender Balance(BoD level);
- Best in Wide Coverage;
- Second Best in Most Innovative Products;
- Second Best Insured Sacco;
- Third Best in Date of ADM.
The Co-operative Principles
The Sacco recognizes, upholds and esteems its members, peer Saccos, the government and regulatory agencies as well as all stakeholders by adhering to good corporate governance principles and practices, and guided by the Co-operative Principles namely:
- Voluntary and open membership
- Democratic member control
- Members economic participation
- Autonomy and independence
- Education, Training and information
- Co-operation among co-operatives
- Concern for community in general
Thus, the objects of the Society shall generally be in accordance with the Cooperative Values and Principles
WHY join Ndege Chai Sacco Society?
- Enables one to enjoy various loan products hence facilitate you growing financially.
- The various savings products help you save and invest wisely.
- Members use this account to make deposits and to channel salaries from their employers and other payment from businesses, farming among others.
- The same account facilitates members to get their loan payments from BOSA immediately.
- Members get financial literacy training and information during Members' Education sessions.
- We are licensed and regulated as a Deposit-Taking Sacco by SASRA.
- We are among the best performing DT-Saccos in Kenya.
- We have embraced the latest efficient technology in most of our transactions so as to meet and exceed our members/customers needs.
Why you need to Save:
- Investments: Members earn an annual interest or dividends on the amounts they save monthly.
- Access to larger loans/credit: The loans members get are pegged to their shares whether directly or through guarantors.
- Retirement: One saves today for a softer landing in retirement.
- Savings act as a fallback when temporarily out of payroll.
- Self guarantor ship: Savings act as security for loans hence prompting confidentiality.
- A statement of one’s savings can be used in other institutions (e.g. foreign embassies when applying for Visas).
- Savings boost a member’s self esteem.
How to Save:
- Monthly share contributions (either through check-off system or cash)
- Upward share variations
- Lump sum Cash/cheque deposits
- Minimum share contributions (prorata) on loans taken-such as the 3% deposit retention for Normal Loans and Additional Loans w.e.f. 1st July 2018.
- Dividend capitalization.
- Our Key Partners
- James Finlays (K) Ltd
- George Williamson Tea(K) Ltd
- Sotik Tea Company Ltd
- Flamingo Horticulture Ltd
- Private Tea Factories
- KTDA Factories
- Ruskebei Dairies
- United Warehouse Mombasa
- Louis Dreyfus Company Ltd
- The Business Community
- Local schools and academies
- Cooperative Bank
- CIC Group
- Small holder tea farmers
- Suppliers and service providers
- Regulatory agencies
- Government bodies and parastatals