Develop a saving culture
Why you need to save
- Investments: Members earn an annual interest or dividends on the amounts they save monthly.
- Access to larger loans/credit: The loans members get are pegged to their shares whether directly or through guarantors.
- Retirement: One saves today for a softer landing in retirement.
- Savings act as a fallback when temporarily out of payroll.
- Self guarantor ship: Savings act as security for loans hence prompting confidentiality.
- A statement of one’s savings can be used in other institutions (e.g. foreign embassies when applying for Visas).
- Savings boost a member’s self esteem.